However, after a while, new types of devices appeared in stores. The so-called vapes. Thick e-cigarettes release a lot of vapor.
Some teenagers have begun to actively use vapes. Hope they are safe. And they do not bring such harm to health as traditional cigarettes.
How do electronic cigarettes differ from traditional ones?
A teenager must fill in the so-called “slurry” into electronic cigarettes. They are a substance consisting of glycerol and an admixture of other substances.
The child will smoke this particular liquid.
Liquid can be with or without nicotine. If you buy a teenager the latest version of the liquid, it will be relatively safe for him because the child will not develop a smoking habit. And nicotine addiction.
The main difference between vaping and cigarettes is that:
Unlike traditional cigarettes, vaping does not contain a variety of tar, carbon monoxide, and other harmful substances that enter the lungs. They are not released during the smoking process.
- Vape may contain no nicotine if you get a teenager slurry without him.
- Vape does not emit unpleasant odors, unlike cigarettes.
A child can purchase liquid with different flavors. The vapor released when smoking a vape will smell good. And the child will not experience discomfort while soaring.
If you are near a teenager while they are vaping, you will not be inhaling nicotine as you would when smoking regular cigarettes. This means that harmful substances will not enter your lungs.
Vaping produces vapor, not smoke.
The process of vaping is called vaping. It is not called so by chance. The fact is that vapor is emitted from the vape, not smoke.
Based on this, scientists claim that vaping is safer than traditional smoking.
What do doctors think about vaping?
A large international organization of doctors, the United Health Organization, commented on the impact of electronic cigarettes on people. According to them, vapes help people quit smoking. And switch from traditional cigarettes to electronic ones.
According to the organization’s experts, vaping helps people quit smoking in 70% of cases.
However, electronic cigarettes have a serious disadvantage. Smokers refuse to use regular cigarettes. But instead of them, electronic ones are beginning to be actively used. They become addicted to electronic devices.
How does an electronic cigarette work?
Electronic cigarettes have a special design. Thanks to its features, we can conclude how safe the device is for people, including those who use it.
Electronic cigarettes have the following design:
- Special button. The teenager will have to press on it to start pulling steam.
- Liquid connector. The child will have to pour the flavored liquid into it.
- Special spiral. She is responsible for warming up the liquid. And make it so that it reaches the child’s mouth in the form of steam.
At the same time, none of the structural elements during soaring does smolder. And this means that carbon monoxide does not enter the body of a teenager (as is the case with a traditional cigarette).
Notably, children do not need matches or a lighter to use an electronic cigarette. Just press the button, and the device will start working successfully.
- This means the probability of a fire in the apartment is reduced to zero.
- You can smoke electronic cigarettes even on the street.
- The advantage of electronic cigarettes is that, unlike traditional ones, they can be smoked on the street. And in public places.
- If a teenager smokes traditional cigarettes as a minor, there is a high probability of encountering police officers. And to be in the Department of internal affairs for smoking in a public place.
- When using electronic cigarettes, a teenager will not have a similar problem. Law enforcement officers are more loyal to the use of vaping. They can even be used in public places.
- However, we do not recommend using electronic cigarettes indoors. They are not intended for closed spaces.
Be careful: There is no guarantee that e-cigarettes are 100% safe
Although most international organizations consider vaping a safer alternative to traditional cigarettes, be careful. Don’t let your teen use it too often.
The fact is that authoritative medical studies of electronic cigarettes for health hazards have yet to be conducted. The device was created relatively recently. And this means that it is impossible to find out whether using it for a long time is safe.
Because scientists do not know what effect yuoto smoke vape will have on the body if you smoke it for ten years or more.
Advantages and disadvantages of vapes
Vapes and other types of electronic cigarettes have both advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a look at them.
Disadvantages of electronic cigarettes
Most vape models are quite expensive. On average, their price starts from 6,000 rubles.
You can also buy cheaper vape models. Their cost will be about 2,000-3,000 rubles. However, keep in mind that these are short-lived models. They can break after a few months of use.
Be prepared that your child will periodically want to update devices. And buy new, more expensive vapes. The desire to upgrade is also a rather serious minus of vaping.
Existing monthly maintenance costs
You can’t buy a vape once and use it all the time. The teenager will have to buy consumables for themselves every month. Change cotton, buy new candles, renew liquid. And so on.
Being a vaper is a very costly hobby.
A teenager will vape very often.
Vape is a very pleasant-tasting electronic cigarette. If you get a teenager a goo with delicious smoke, he will fall in love with it. And will smoke vape very often. Several times an hour.
- This is much more than if he used a traditional cigarette.
- The child will have to spend much time servicing an electronic cigarette.
The process of servicing an electronic cigarette is quite laborious. To start vaping, the child needs to unscrew the special cap. Pour liquid into it. And then spin.
After the end of vaping, the teenager must renew the e-liquid.
This will take 5-10 minutes of the child’s time. He will have to repeat such actions several times a day.
- Because of this, a teenager may start to be late for school.
- A teenager can become part of the vaping subculture
- The biggest disadvantage of vaping is that a teenager can join the subculture of professional vapers.
Will start to sit in thematic groups. Discuss new types of electronic cigarettes. And he will smoke vape very often. It will not literally release an electronic cigarette from the mouth for a second.
This may end negatively. No matter how safe a vape is, a foreign substance will regularly enter the lungs. This means that there is a risk of serious illnesses.
Benefits of electronic cigarettes
Vaping is indeed much safer than using traditional cigarettes. A teenager will not experience coughing, shortness of breath, or other side effects, even with long-term vaping.
Vaping can help teenagers quit smoking.
If a teenager smokes and decides to quit a bad habit, vaping will help him. He will begin to use an electronic cigarette more often than a regular one. And then he may even lose interest in smoking.
A teenager can buy e-liquid without nicotine.
As we said earlier, a teenager can buy e-liquid without nicotine. If he smokes it, then no harmful substances will enter his body. He will simply enjoy the pleasant smell while vaping.
We do not recommend that teenagers smoke either electronic or traditional cigarettes. Instead of buying a vape, it’s better to give your child to sports. This will be the best way to get rid of nicotine addiction.